Written by Administrator
Friday, 26 August 2011 20:30
Local community development in the municipalities HEALTHY SENIORS
Partnership for prevention and quality of life
Values and vision
Health and the ability to function are decisive for the quality of life in later years and also have significant social impact. The HEALTHY SENIORS project works to contribute to link the elderly to the local community’s organizations and meeting grounds through physical activity contributing to better health and less isolation. The local organizations/sports clubs are challenged to provide exercise for the elderly and physical activities in various forms for the age group. Through this work the organizations/sports clubs have a good opportunity to promote seniors as resources in the local community that clubs and organizations can exploit.
- Healthy Seniors in Østfold will form local partnerships involved in precautionary work.
- Healthy Seniors in Østfold will improve health and increase the number of social meeting grounds for seniors
- Healthy Seniors will prevent injuries and accidents
- Healthy Seniors in Østfold wants to promote seniors as resources in the local community
- Healthy Seniors is based on central principles in HEPROGRESS: Empowerment and equalization of social inequalities in health.